Thursday, March 17, 2011

Easy Easy Easy Tuna patties...

I (sort of) made this recipe up...I found several recipes online and combined them based on what I had in my kitchen...my husband said they are good and my picky 3 year old ate them (WITH ketchup) so I thought they must be okay...

First, gather your ingredients....

You will need
2 (5 oz) cans of light tuna in water, drained
1 (6 oz) pkg stove top for chicken
1 cup finely shredded cheese (all I had was the Mexican blend, so that is what I used)
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup miracle whip or mayo
1-2 T. finely chopped onion (to your liking)
1 baby dill pickle, diced into small pieces

Mix everything up (works best if you use your hands) and stick the mixture in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium. Use an ice scream scoop and scoop balls of mixture into hot skillet. Flatten with the back of a spatula. (This is a little easier if you spray the spatual with a little bit of cooking spray)....Sprinkle a small (VERY SMALL) amount of cheese onto each one. Cook approx 3 minutes and flip. Sprinkle a small (VERY SMALL) amount of shredded cheese on top of the cooked patties. Cook 3 minutes or until brown. Turn over to melt the cheese on the other side....That's it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment