Saturday, March 19, 2011

My failed attempt at making something healthy

 I wanted to make these:
www.bahrlygettingby.blogspot.com/2011/03/granola-bars.html
Don't they look yummy?

Well, I didn't have MOST of the ingredients to make them, so I just took what I did have and put it all together to sort of resemble these. They turned out pretty darn good-but not very granola bar-ish...I do have a knack for taking something healthy and turning it into something the extreme opposite.

Here is what I used:
2 1/2 cups old fashion oats
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cups butterfinger bars left over from Halloween that were in the freezer (stuck them in the blender with the chocolate chips to chop them up)
 Mix it all up(add more honey if it's too dry) and smash it into a 9/13 inch pan lined with waxed paper...bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Then, I sprinkled the top with chocolate chips and put a cookie sheet over it to melt them.

Once they are shiny, spread the melted chooclate out to cover the top and stick 'em in the fridge until the chocolate hardens...


1 comment:

  1. They sound really good. I bet it's the brown sugar in place of a liquid sweetener. You should use Karo syrup next time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete